Thursday, May 30, 2013

Tubby Tummy Yoda

Honestly, this cat eats so much I am amazed at how small he is. He'll eat between 1.5-3oz of wet kitten food per day, as well as (a slightly overdosed) 1tsp of Nutri-Cal for Kittens which he really likes. I've given up on KMR, he just hates it and is so miserable when I try to feed him it, on its own or mixed with other things.

I am still trying to supplement him with syringed in water, which he takes begrudgingly... his poo and pee seems to be fairly regular still, and he doesn't appear to be dehydrated. Gums are a healthy pink. 

He looks frail, feels frail - there isn't much there but bones and thin hair... But he is so active, happy, and loving... I have nothing to think but that he is doing well. He loves to run around, talks a lot, and just wants to be cuddled. I think the only potential problem is that he does get cold, so he prefers to sleep on/with me, which is... quite inconvenient.

Despite his small stature, I think he is doing pretty well overall. Only time can tell, and I plan on weighing him again this next Sunday to see if he is any heavier - I can't imagine he wouldn't be. 

Probably my only concern at this point is that he does seem to be pidgeon toed a bit, his 'ankles' sort of rub together often, and he has a pretty silly gait, but seeing as he is so small and was malnourished I am going to give it a little longer. His eyes do look a lot better than original too, and although he is still balding on the top, he is pretty fuzzy elsewhere - I suspect new growth as it is thicker at the base.

All of his other pictures he was too wiggly, but this was him curled up in a pre-fold diaper (which are my favorite for little kittens due to absorbancy and semi-stiffness in the middle, yet breathability) stuffed between me and my shirt this morning. He whined til I put him there.

Til later, Yoda.


No comments:

Post a Comment