Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Update impending


My dear Yoda. I love her so much, I met her when she was just a whining little ball of barely there fluff and bones. I fed her from my hands, and carried her bundled to my chest every day until she got on her own feet. Even now, many call her small... but she is actually about 7x as big as she was back then.

The amazing bond I have formed with my... baby is nothing short of love. She is so sweet and caring, cuddly, & affectionate. She behaves when we go out, she loves on strangers, and she is just the perfect minky soft little kitten.

And it terrifies me knowing that she may be dead in a few days. I take all of the blame onto myself for her fall, even though ultimately there may not have been much I could do... still, I let her onto the balcony. I don't know what I will do if she does not make it.

Onto the real news, Dr. Falloon wishes us to bring Yoda in tomorrow night at 6pm, she will stay there under supervision until the next day wherein they will perform explorative surgery in an attempt to locate if the problem with her diaphragm and liver is due to her fall or if it is a side effect/birth deformity of her diminuative size.

There is a lot of risks though, twicefold due to her still tiny size... But we have to make a decision. 

They're almost positive that things are not as they should be, but if they try to correct it, it may send her into shock... immediate death, or death within 8 hours. It is a very real, very serious risk.

However... if they choose not to fix it, sure, she could live another 10 years, then die a horribly painful and drawn out death... Or 10 months, or 10 weeks. We don't know. You can't know. But she will live... it's unknown on how long. Or you have the chance to fix it.

My dearest baby could die two nights from now, 10 years from now, or a full and long life. I don't know what to do, but I think the right choice is surgery. At least then we'll have done all we can to save her and make her live a long and vibrant life, to prevent a painful death. None of us want pain for our beloved fur-children, or real ones.

I would so greatly appreciate anyones words on this matter, their opinions. I am so unsure of myself, and so afraid for her. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, I said this in SL but repeating it here for you.

    You are doing the right thing - and Yoda is a strong kitty and I believe she will survive this.

    If it is a birth defect at least you are finding it now instead of later.

    Keep her happy and safe until then, she has survived this long - I don't see her giving up now.

    ReplyDelete