Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A bad day.

I know I have not updated in awhile, so sorry. We've been very busy with moving apartments, rehoming our other cat, and inevitably being addicted to FFXIV:ARR.

I have some good news, and some bad news. I'll start with the bad.

Yesterday, Yoda took a tumble into the toilet, soaked herself and needed a bath. That isn't unusual or noteworthy, she doesn't even really mind water. She recently sat on my shoulder while I showered. 

However, what came next really broke my heart. I let her onto our balcony, one of her favorite spots to sunbathe. She is usually fine out there for hours on end, and adores just taking a nap. It was a beautiful day out, so I hadn't thought twice. I wish I had.

She fell, we live on the third floor, and initially I didn't realise she had fallen until I had this horrible gut feeling to search a particular plant that I never ever would've given a second glance at... The poor baby had fallen from the third floor, her nose was bloodied, she was raspy, and her ribcage felt... bad. I was so crushed.

We immediately took her to the local emergency vet because it was, of course, Labor Day. The bill so far is around 700$, and we are going to get an ultrasound today to ensure her diaphragm hasn't herniated, and that we wont need surgery to fix it. If we do, that is easily another 2000$. I cannot not get it, though. I love this cat so much, she is so sweet and perfect - the most perfect tiny kitten. 

We brought her home after a night full of tears and no sleep for me, and the vets said she was eagerly accepting food & water, so they think that she is going to be okay on that front. They removed her IV drip and catheter, and within a few minutes of being home she had removed the bandage for me. We fed her and she did the rounds, looking for her favorite new playfriend Chris who was staying with us for the weekend, but he had gone home.

I am hopefully going to update this blog a little more now because this special little kitty deserves all of the friends she can get. For now, she is stable... but who knows what is going on inside. X-Ray was good, lets all hope that the Ultrasound is too.


No comments:

Post a Comment