Tuesday, September 3, 2013

From the "Pitts" of hell

Well, we're back from the Pitts vetrinary hospital and I cannot possibly say enough good things about the vetrinarian who helped us, Mark Falloon. He was such an amazingly nice guy who was very clear with his treatment and kind with Yoda.

He actually discounted the Ultrasound, and we ended up paying next to nothing compared to what I expected. I was so happy I could have cried, not only because of the diagnosis (or lack thereof) but also the cost. Money is always tight for everyone, and I am no exception. This has already really hit my savings accounts quite hard, which is tough because I am setting aside the bulk of my paychecks to pay taxes for this year as well.

Good news for the most part regarding Yoda's ultrasound. It was, ultimately, inconclusive BUT we could see that the liver/intestines/everything were in the right spot and not in the chest cavity. They weren't noticably protruding, but that really doesn't mean that there isn't a potential tear. 

We were advised that the recommended thing to do from here is to have them do exploratory surgery to check the diaphragms status when they spay her in 6-8 weeks, this is all if her situation doesn't take a turn for the worse. For now, all we're aware of is some bruising to her chest area, potentially some lung damage that'll repair itself. She is eating fine, drinking fine, no blood in any excrement, so... Hoping for the best!

I'll try to get some pictures of my not-all-too-happy-to-have-a-shaved-belly-but-alive kitten soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment