Monday, June 3, 2013

And the weight is in!

I'm a little late! Oops! Long Monday, as usual.

He HAS gained weight, he is up from 7.2 oz to 9.875!

Visibly, Yoda doesn't really look any bigger except his stomach, so we also picked up some deworming medicine today that is suited for 6 week olds and older. The problem is it specified 1/2 tsp per 5lbs, and well... He's still not even a pound, at 8 weeks old.

So I put about 8 drops in his food and am hoping for the best. He took a long nap after eating some of that food, and is now active as can be, so unless he didn't eat any he is acting good still. I am hoping for no adverse effects.

I also now have a scale at home, so I'll be able to measure him on my own from now on. I /am/ worried that he is so small still, but what can I do? He's a healthy happy kitty other than his petite size.

Maybe he is a midget kitty? Do those really exist? And even so... his small size is really ridiculous. 2 pounds is what he should be, but he is still barely over half a pound.

We'll see how it goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment